Personnel Requisition No. 18-0172
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Facilities Technician
Location/Department: Rome, New York / General Manufacturing
This position is a member of the General Manufacturing Department. The Facilities Technician will report directly to the EHS & Facilities Manager.
The Facilities technician is primarily responsible for the support and upkeep of our facility, grounds, and equipment. Secondary responsibilities include the support and assistance with other operational needs.
- Ensure that the facility is clean and day-to-day operations of the facility run smooth. Oversee the scrap recycling. Set-up and operate saws, punch presses, sheet metal benders, and various hand tools to produce an end product that meets or exceeds design specifications.
- Separate paper, magazines, and cardboard.Shred and bale all computer paper and documents.
- Cut and bale cardboard. Tie and bundle magazines and periodicals.
- Pick up and prepare scrap alum, brass and copper solids and turnings for recycling.
- Empty chip dumpsters when full.
- Change coolant in the machine shop.
- Ensure the facility is clean and help out with janitorial needs as required.
- Clean work areas when required.
- Sweeps isles in machine shop and assembly area.
- Assist maintenance with lavatories Material knowledge.
- Assist maintenance with day-to-day tasks.
- Provide assistance to maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in moving, tearing down or reassembling shop machinery.
- Assist with equipment repairs.
- Serve as fire watch for welders.
- Help with preventive maintenance in the facility.
- Environmental, Occupational, Health, And Safety.
- Maintain records for fire extinguishers.
- Clean and inspect eye wash stations.
- Perform routine job safety analysis and building inspections.
- Assist with guarding of machinery (design and/or installation).
- Run errands (off-site) as needed by various departments.
- Help other departments as needed.
- Assist with general maintenance needs by other departments as needed (utilizing general mechanical, electrical – including HVAC requirements.
- Assess and coordinate outside contractor needs within the facility.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanics tools.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
- Knowledge of industrial motors and controls.
- Assembly of industrial equipment.
- Machining and fabrication knowledge.
- ERP/MRP Systems knowledge; INFOR is preferred.
- Utilizes strong written and oral communication skills often and consistently. Clearly understands the department objectives. Highly interactive with cross functional team members.
- The employee shall have capabilities and experience to work in team environment to accomplish employee’s clear goals and objectives that support the overall departmental strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values – specific to the department contributions. Works well with other various departments.
- The employee shall be able to set-up and run various machinery; including saws, shear, and sheet metal benders with little or no supervision. When direction is required, the employee should be able to seek out the proper personnel that will provide the direction.
- Understands business objectives, maintains a level of business integrity; proven success in facilities operations. Makes independent decisions under guidance of department management.
- Demonstrates self-discipline in organizing tasking to plan and meet time and budgetary constraints, quality, and procedures.
- Basic computer skills for time reporting and inventory transactions.
- Able to gain a good working knowledge of general operations.
- Professional and positive attitude with the initiative to cooperate in a team work environment.
- ERP/MRP Systems knowledge; INFOR is preferred
- Experience with powered industrial vehicles
- Machining and fabrication knowledge
- Fluency with Algebra and Trigonometry preferred
- Assembly of industrial equipment preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines preferred
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanics tools preferred
Travel requirements: Up to 5%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084