DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST I
Personnel Requisition No. 16-4088
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, L.L.C. is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company; Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industries most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing subsea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset life cycle. We pride ourselves upon setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Distribution Specialist I
Location/Department: Distribution Center (Department No.6388)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- This Distribution Specialist I position is for an opening in our Shipping/Receiving and Stockroom Control Team. The candidate will be involved with all functions of the Bartell Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Control and Distribution Process.
- Candidate should be a high school graduate.
- Candidate should have good computer skills
- Candidate should be familiar with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must adhere to all facility-wide safety standards and practices.
- Lift truck certification/license required within 1 month of start date.
- Fluency in English
- Responsible for all areas of proficiency in distribution, and stockroom control including receiving, inventory maintenance/distribution and shipping.
- Must be able to receive material at dock from internal/external sources..
- Must be able to pull materials for Customer Orders (CO’s) and Manufacturing Orders (MO’s).
- Must maintain integrity of stockroom.
- Must perform inventory cycle counts in accordance with Pettibone, L.L.C. published procedures.
- Provide shipments to customers and others as directed by shipping orders and packing lists. Provide adequate protection (packaging) for shipments to customers.
- Maintain inventory of packing/shipping/distribution center materials used in daily operations.
Significant Mental/Physical demands of the job;
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds or (with assistance) up to 150 pounds and operate a variety of tools and equipment.
- Successful drug testing
- General physical
- Lift truck physical
- All aspects of receiving, inventory, distribution, and shipping.
- After receiving material from dock assist in unloading and movement of materials to receiving. Verify counts and identify materials received. Record discrepancies and notify appropriate department accordingly: i.e. purchasing, accounting, inspection Process transactions into AS-400 database. Deliver material to work centers. Maintain packing list files for audit trail.
- When pulling materials for orders: prepare shortage tickets, print CO’s as required, and monitor shortages and deliver parts to assigned staging areas.
- To maintain integrity of stockroom: insure proper inventory balances based on input/output transactions, insure proper location and identification of all materials in stockroom, provide timely and accurate reporting to material and accounting departments, provide audit trail documentation of transactions as required by production control and accounting.
- When performing inventories, notify production control of any discrepancies and work with inventory control to rectify any discrepancies.
- When shipping to customer’s ship dates must be monitored to assure shipping commitments are met, documents reviewed for correctness and scales, marking equipment, registration systems used as necessary.
- Shipments are properly packed and attending duties performed i.e. label, weight log, stage, and ship. All documents completed as required.
- New tools and products are evaluated and recommendations for efficiency and improvement made. Requisition supplies as required.
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment linked here and supply a copy of the completed application, cover letter and resume by email or mail to the addresses listed below. Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Interested applicants should forward expressed letter of interest and resume to the Human Resource Department (email@example.com)
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084