ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I
Personnel Requisition No. 17-4092 (17-0106)
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, L.L.C. is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company; Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industries most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing subsea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset life cycle. We pride ourselves upon setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Electrical Engineer I – Tire & Rubber
Location/Department: Engineering (Department No.7161)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- This Electrical Design Engineer position is for an opening within our Bartell Engineering Team. The candidate will develop new products or re-design existing products with minimum supervision.
- Preferred candidate will assist in commissioning and debugging of Bartell products.
- Candidate must adhere to all facility-wide safety standards and practices and work in a team environment.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 0-3 years related work experience; OR 4-year technical degree or Associate’s Degree with 3 to 5 relevant experience in machine design OR 5+ years of work experience with relevant experience in machine design.
- Candidate should have experience with PLCs, AC and DC drives, and motion control and operator interface units.
- Candidate should have excellent computer skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Fluency in English.
- Will be working on ‘live’ equipment. Adherence to programs and activities that are in full compliance with all related HEICO Safety Standards. Monitor and maintain accurate records.
- Assure product is “as designed” and meets all specifications.
- Will have direct contact with Bartell customers, vendors, and contractors that may consist of operators, engineers, or managers.
- Occasional travel of duration of up to 3 weeks or more including international.
- Manage daily reporting responsibilities as it relates to the position.
- Utilize the most current software techniques and tools.
- Designs must be
- Designs must be done in a timely manner.
- Designs must be in compliance with all safety requirements.
- Design within the specifications for the product being mindful of cost, manufacturability, reliability and service requirements.
- Assure proper documentation has been recorded.
- Assure product meets specifications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of machine process and operation.
- Active participant in team meetings, design reviews, machine reviews, kick-off meetings.
- Interact with other departments, including Manufacturing, TSS, Sales and Purchasing.
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment; linked here.
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084