Global Import/Export Compliance Specialist
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Global Import/Export Compliance Specialist
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Distribution Center
This position is a member of the Distribution Center Department. The Global Import/Export Compliance Specialist will report directly to the Materials Manager.
- Develop and maintain a full Global Import/Export Compliance Program
- Serve as the subject matter expert for import/export compliance, providing advice and guidance on import/export compliance policies and procedures, working with Pettibone Trade Advisory Team as required
- Ensure that the activities of the business units comply with applicable import/export control laws and regulations, as well as requirements set for in the Import/Export Compliance Program
- Leading all compliance and governance matters, which include internal/external audits and compliance with policies, procedures, and government regulations
- Manage all Export shipments which include scheduling shipments with freight forwarder, preparing the necessary paperwork requirements, and filing of required documentation
- Manage all Import shipments working with our inter-company partners, customers, and suppliers
- Work with Bartell’s finance department, banks, shipping agents and customers to ensure the proper preparation and execution of international letters of credit, site drafts and open account contracts
- Work with Bartell’s shipping department to ensure all domestic shipments are meeting compliance requirements
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7-10 years of job-specific experience
- Associates Degree with more than 10 years of specific experience
- High School Diploma or GED with more than fifteen years of job-specific experience
- Working with the Operations team, Replacement Parts Group and Distribution to lead a best in class Import/Export Management and Compliance Program
- A thorough understanding of complex federal import/export laws and regulations including but not limited to the U.S. Customs regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Denied Party Screening, End User Certification, and Anti-boycott laws
- A thorough understanding of North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other global trade programs
- Responsible for worldwide implementation and compliance of Import/Export best practices throughout the organization.
- Work with Bartell Logistics Team for Freight and Transportation to ensure optimization of freight to drive towards a neutral freight cost model.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Thorough understanding of product classification (HTS and ECCN)
- Experience managing import/export compliance programs
- Experience in business application of import/export regulations and the ability to identify and solve critical custom issues
- Knowledge/experience working with freight forwarders and U.S. Customs Brokers
- 5-7 years’ experience in import/export controls
- Ability to function under deadline pressures and deal with a wide array of internal and external personnel
Travel Requirements: 5%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment testing, drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● 315-336-7600