Personnel Requisition No. 17-4100 (17-0099)
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, L.L.C. is a dynamic fast-paced 21st-century company with an old-fashioned commitment to customer satisfaction. Our highly skilled and diverse professionals take the time to get to know you and your business and we are a recognized leader in the manufacture of equipment with over 8,000 pieces in operation worldwide. Bartell offers full-time opportunities, co-ops, and internships. Many of our employees have launched life-long careers and you too can be a part of a global company that works together on some of the world’s largest and unique industrial machinery. Opportunities for career progression within the many divisions of this company are outstanding if you are ready to take the challenge. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN
Location/ Department: Rome, New York / Electric Shop (Department No. 6588)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- This Industrial Electrician position is a position in the Electric Shop for an experienced electrician with a minimum of 4 years verifiable on-the-job training in an industrial environment. The candidate will be primarily involved with the electrical wiring, including the control panels, machinery components and assisting with machine start up.
- High school diploma or GED with BOCES electrical trades training or NYS Approved Apprentice Training or 4 years verifiable on-the-job training in an industrial environment.
- Familiar with electrical codes, electrical materials, layout and schematic drawings.
- Must use manual dexterity skills, power and hand tools pertaining to the trade.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects such as electrical materials, small transformers, and AC & DC drives
- Mental demands are extensive; work with schematic diagrams, measurement skills, and keeping safety procedures in mind at all times.
- Assist technicians in the startup of a machine as much as possible.
- Constructing and wiring electrical control panels requires an understanding of BOMs (Bills of Materials) and the ability to read and interpret electrical layout drawings. Install, wire and label electrical components according to an electrical schematic diagram to include: programmable logic controllers, contactors, motor starters relays, push buttons, control trans., isolations trans., AC & DC drives, disconnects, cabinet lighting, etc. Debug and troubleshoot electrical systems and compliance testing and perform field installations as required.
- Wire machine and/or machines and machinery components. Wire all interconnects, interlocks, such as: limit switches, proximity switches, guard switches, photo-electrics, motors, to junction boxes, and/or main control cabinet. Also doing this by means of conduits, cables, and cable tray systems.
- Assist in machine start up including power on, check various voltages (with meters). Check phasing when possible. Check input and output of PLC circuits. Assist technician in startup as much as possible.
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment, linked here.
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Interested applicants should forward expressed letter of interest and resume to the Human Resource Department (email@example.com)
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084