Machinist – 2nd Shift
Personnel Requisition No. 18-0102
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Machinist-2nd Shift
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Machine Shop
This Machinist position is for an opening within our Bartell Machine Shop Team. The Machinist will report directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Machine product to required specification
- Set-up and operate CNC mills and lathes to produce an end product that meets or exceeds design specifications. Create and document programs, where needed. Record proper set-up documentation
- Inspection and documentation
- Inspection of in-process product is required. Ensure product meets requirements. Make adjustments to machine tools to meet specifications. When required, document measurements on inspection sheets
- Knowledge of machine tools, equipment, and materials
- Setup and operate a variety of machine centers including lathes, large and small mills, surface and cylindrical grinders, hones and related CNC centers. Possess and/or develop knowledge of machined materials, i.e. different types of steels and plastics
- Strive for Bartell excellence
- Increase product knowledge, try new ideas and machining techniques, strive for a better and/or faster way of doing a job, train on any piece of equipment and train fellow associates on equipment they are experienced at
- Have a good attitude, start work on time, work overtime when necessary, perform good housekeeping, communicate with others, be aware of his/her area and other’s safety, be a good team member, do internal work when and where possible and work in other departments such as saw or assembly if requested
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Utilizes strong written and oral communication skills often and consistently. Clearly understands the department objectives. Highly interactive with cross functional team members.
- The employee shall have capabilities and experience to work in team environment to accomplish employee’s clear goals and objectives that support the overall departmental strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values – specific to the department contributions. Works well with other various departments.
- The employee shall be able to create set-ups and machine needed parts with little or no supervision. When direction is required, the employee should be able to seek out the proper personnel that will provide the direction.
- Understands business objectives, maintains a level of business integrity; proven success in facilities operations. Makes independent decisions under guidance of department management.
- Demonstrates self-discipline in organizing tasking to plan and meet time and budgetary constraints, quality, and procedures.
- Basic computer skills for time reporting and facility safety inspections.
- Able to gain a good working knowledge of maintenance functions.
- Professional and positive attitude with the initiative to cooperate in a team work environment.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanics tools
- Machining and fabrication knowledge
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong mathematical skills, including trigonometry and geometry
- Knowledge of industrial motors and controls
- Assembly of industrial equipment
- Working knowledge of all Bartell manufacturing processes and technologies
- Strong communication and conceptual skills
Travel Requirements: 0%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084