Personnel Requisition No. 18-0118
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Maintenance
This position is a member of the Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the EH&S & Facilities Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Support company maintenance requirements for machinery, facility, and safety initiatives
- Maintain proper preventative maintenance schedules and documentation for all shop equipment.
- Support building system maintenance such as machine shop, compressors, tooling, and generators, lighting, fire alarms, and sprinkler systems.
- Upgrade, repair, replace machinery parts and components as needed to maintain equipment
- Oversee the machinery to make sure it is optimal working condition.
- Maintain fluid levels as required on machinery and equipment.
- Change fluid and filters as needed
- Maintain Documentation
- Maintain accurate records to meet both compliance and tracking needs. Work with the Gensuite concern reporting program to assure hazards in the building are fixed in a timely matter.
- Make sure all hazardous waste and universal waste are disposed of properly and manifest is returned to Bartell signed and in time to meet requirements.
- Support overall company electrical maintenance requirements for machinery and facility upkeep.
- Maintain electrical support for equipment in the machine shop. Assist mechanical assembly with troubleshooting of equipment breakdown and repair. Maintain electrical support of the building, ensuring all safety codes are complied with. Maintain the building wiring inspection. Maintain all electrical safety records as required by OSHA.
- Have a good attitude, start work on time, work overtime when necessary, perform good housekeeping, communicate with others, be aware of his/her area and other’s safety, be a good team member, do internal work when and where possible and work in other departments such as saw or assembly if requested.
- Utilizes strong written and oral communication skills often and consistently. Clearly understands the department objectives. Highly interactive with cross functional team members, Contractors and visitors.
- Team work
- The employee shall have capabilities and experience to work in team environment to accomplish employee’s clear goals and objectives that support the overall departmental strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values – specific to the department contributions. Works well with other various departments.
- Problem solving
- The employee shall be able to maintain the facility and machines with little or no supervision. When direction is required, the employee should be able to seek out the proper personnel that will provide the direction.
- Understands business objectives, maintains a level of business integrity; proven success in facilities operations. Makes independent decisions under guidance of department management.
- Planning and Organizing
- Demonstrates self-discipline in organizing tasking to plan and meet time and budgetary constraints, quality, and procedures.
- Strong computer skills for preventative maintenance, repairs, time reporting and facility safety inspections
- Able to gain a good working knowledge of maintenance and safety functions.
- Initiative and enterprise
- Professional and positive attitude with the initiative to cooperate in a team work environment.
- 2 year degree and/or 5 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance at a manufacturing facility.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge and ability to repair tools and equipment.
- Machining and fabrication knowledge.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of industrial motors and controls.
- Assembly of industrial equipment.
- Working knowledge of all Bartell manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Strong communication and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of safety requirements that apply to equipment and facility upkeep.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084