MECHANICAL ENGINEER (E2)
Personnel Requisition No. 14‐4004
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly‐engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing subsea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset life cycle. We pride ourselves upon setting new standards for quality, performance and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world‐class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state‐of‐the‐art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs.
Position: Mechanical Engineer (E2)
Location/Department: Engineering (Department No. 7161)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- This Mechanical Design Engineer II position is an opening within our Mechanical Engineering Team. The candidate will be primarily involved with engineering tasks for the development and sustainment of Bartell products.
- Bachelors Level Engineering Degree from an accredited university and three years of relevant experience and proven performer or a minimum of 10 years of job‐related work experience and a proven performer.
- Fluency in English
- Must be proficient in Solid Works, AutoCad, projects budgeting and engineering calculations.
- Must have very good process knowledge of relevant business unit machinery. Must have good communication skills and be capable of clear understanding of customer requests, issues, specifications, and requests to changes to equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of OSHA regulations, ensure all designs are compliant with all safety requirements and have a thorough understanding of machine shop, fabrication and Quality Control in developing leading edge designs for cost-effective manufacturing and excellent machine performance.
- Must have work experience working with multinational companies including (not limited to) small and/or medium size companies
- Ability to travel internationally
- Geometric tolerances
- ASTM design standards
- Contemporary design practices
- Hands‐on machine shop experience
- MRP/ERP background
- Utilize design tools (i.e., AutoCad and Solidworks) with a strong focus in machine design products
- Proven ability to maintain compliance in machine design engineering principles and procedures
- Able to utilize the most current design techniques and tools while ensuring the designs are compliant with all product specifications, and safety requirements.
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls
- Able to gain strong working knowledge of industrial machinery related business practices, timeframe regulations and any consequences that could impose liability issues.
- Willing and capable of working in a team environment to accomplish clear goals and objectives that support the overall department strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values – specific to the department contributions. Works well with inter‐department groups such as manufacturing, QA, sales, assembly, machining, fabrication and inspection.
- Foster team spirit and impart a sense of teamwork to all employees throughout regularly scheduled communication meetings and round table discussions.
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment linked here and supply a copy of the completed application, cover letter and resume by email or mail to the addresses listed below. Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Interested applicants should forward expressed letter of interest and resume to the Human Resource Department (email@example.com)
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084