Personnel Requisition No. 18-0198
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: TSS Coordinator
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Sales & Marketing
This position is a member of the Sales & Marketing Department. The TSS Coordinator will report directly to the TSS Department Manager.
- TSS Coordinator to provide technical support to our Customers.
- TSS Coordinator must work with customers regarding commissioning and service schedules.
- The TSS Coordinator must coordinate the in-house commissioning projects with Project Team Leaders for all Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
- The TSS Coordinator must coordinate and balance internal and external commissioning needs. Update TSS Schedule weekly to include in-field and in-house work along with work scheduled from the Qingdao and Telford offices.
- The TSS Coordinator is responsible for effectively communicating pertinent and relevant information to and from all stakeholders within the company (i.e., TSS Team, Sales, Engineering, Production Control, Operations, Internal/External Customers and any others that will be impacted by the schedules or decisions involving TSS).
- The TSS Coordinator must develop with the team, an effective and accurate commissioning schedule that efficiently addresses the needs of our customers.
- It is the responsibility of the TSS Coordinator to approve expense reports including travel compensation and travel expenses. This includes the processing required protocol sheets, trip reports, field photos and pertinent information gathered from the field per Standard operating procedure.
- The TSS Coordinator will be asked to give yearly performance reviews and recommendations for training as needed.
- The TSS Coordinator will ensure all procedures are in compliance with ISO.
- In managing the 24-hour customer support operations, the TSS Coordinator will ensure there are adequate resources to operate the 24-hour Technical support function. A support system for 24/7/365 emergency customer contact via phone and email must be developed. All complaints are to be documented and maintained in a log.
- Maintain and update open issues on Planner on a weekly basis and attend monthly SBU open issues meetings.
- The TSS Coordinator must also support the technical needs of the Replacement Parts Group (RPG) on an as needed basis.
- The TSS Coordinator will approve timesheets & expense reports
- Follow and support TSS SOP
- Degree in engineering with Bartell product knowledge of 3 years’ experience in machine installation, operation and service of Bartell equipment
- Technical Education and/or technical training with Bartell product knowledge of 5 or more years’ experience in machine installation, operation, and service of Bartell equipment
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with Bartell product knowledge of 10 or more years’ experience in machine installation, operation, and service of Bartell equipment
Skills and Relevant Work Experience:
- Proficient in English with excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Use the RMB Solutions Scheduling software (or other software being utilized) and train other stakeholders on the software when needed.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Train, mentor and develop personnel to foster a strong culture of teamwork in support of Bartell’s Quality Statement of customer satisfaction guarantee, commitment to continual improvement, mission statement and product services.
- To be able to work with a broad range of individuals including customers, contractors and vendors. The TSS Coordinator will have regular contact with customers in scheduling service work, equipment start-up, machinery issues, troubleshooting and spare parts.
- Significant mental and physical demands of the job included direct and frequent customer contact. Maintaining field and internal commissioning schedules can be volatile and fast-paced.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills necessary
- Prior training and strong working knowledge of RMB Solutions Scheduling Software
- PLC skills (Allen Bradley and Siemens preferred), any other platform (Mitsubishi, Beckhoff, GE Fanuc) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical components
- Ability to read assembly prints
- Great organizational skills
- Positive attitude towards achieving deadlines
- Commissioning experience
Travel requirements: Less than 65%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084