Website Barrtell Machinery
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: TSS MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Technical Sales & Service
This position is a member of the Sales & Marketing Department. The TSS Mechanical Engineer will report directly to the Customer Service Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Perform satisfactory equipment at Customer locations.
• Provide correct and adequate equipment training to the Customer’s operators and maintenance personnel.
• Provide technical support and service to our Customers.
• Assist in the compilation and content of equipment manuals.
• Assist Assembly Department as directed. (Bartell location)
• Promote the sale of Bartell product and services to our Customers.
• Provide Sales and Marketing personnel with technical assistance as required.
• Assist in Marketing and R&D trials.
• Provide feedback to Sales, Marketing and RPG departments through visit reports
• Assist with Sales and Marketing promotional activities as required.
• Conduct maintenance and line audits at Customer locations.
• Assist Customers in the selection of spare parts and machine upgrades.
• Follow a Standard Operating Procedure and complete all necessary documentation required per trip requirements.
• 5-7 years of related work experience; OR an Associate’s Degree (2-year degree) in the Engineering Field with 3-5 years of related work experience; OR a Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years related work experience; OR Master’s Degree with one year of related work experience.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
• Must adhere to all facility-wide safety standards and practices.
• Candidate should have a thorough understanding of engineering drawings, hands-on industrial machinery, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Candidate should have intermediate computer skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
• Fluency in English
• Ability to oversee equipment start-up and oversee the commissioning process for projects on frequent basis
• Adhere to programs and activities that are in full compliance with all related HEICO Safety Standards. Monitor and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to react quickly to customer problems and complaints in a professional and courteous manner (including tense situations)
• Ability to travel and work odd hours including frequent foreign and domestic travel
• Familiarity with machine alignment and balancing
• Manages daily reporting responsibilities as it relates to the position.
• Background in plant engineering or maintenance with experience in machinery troubleshooting
• Customer interaction of Sales Experience
• General Machine Shop knowledge
• Candidate should have ability to assert themselves in an unbiased manner while maintaining high level of cooperation.
Travel Requirements: Up to 65%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084