The SWS-2000 System is controlled via a powerful software program capable of integrating the synchronized operation of the five axis Servo System which drives the winder, pay-on head, height adjust, accumulator and the servo-driven former expand/collapse feature. Machine parameters are digitally monitored and controlled via a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and a menu driven touch screen so that at each stage the operator is guided to obtain the desired machine operation.
Financing Now Available!
See all the ways we can help your business grow for generations to come.
Visit our Financing section to see all of our latest programs.
The SWS-2000 System consists of the following;
- A SWS-2000 Bead Winder, automatically producing two single wire beads per machine cycle. The winder is complete with a servo driven former assembly for precise speed and position control, a servo driven pay-on head, servo driven head height adjust assembly and a servo driven former expand/collapse feature. The SWS-2000 uses an adjustable radially expanding former design which automatically deposits the finished beads into an optional bead chute or handling system.
- A Serpentine Festoon that is servo driven. The position and speed of the festoon is precisely controlled by the system PLC/Servo system to match the winder speed. The festoon design allows for independent speeds of each of the two wire paths.
- A Bartell/RMS Cold Feed Plastiscrew Extruder complete with Temperature control Units and a Bartell insulating head.
- Let-Off Equipment consisting of two Heavy Duty Let-Off Stands, a two-station gathering rail and a guide roll stand.
- Integrated Control System, including PLC and Servo system drives and motors, for automatic control of the process
- Operator Interface Terminal containing menu screens, run screens, manual screens and diagnostic screens.
- We strongly recommend as original equipment, electrically interlocked perimeter guarding designed and integrated by Bartell.
|Single Operator Control||Minimal Manpower Requirement|
|Hexagonal Section Beads||Product Flexibility|
|Integrated Line Control||Controlled Process|
|Multi Bead Recipe Storage||Reduced Downtime|
|Automatic Unload||Continuous Production|
|Simple Machine Set-up||Reduced Downtime|
|Radial Expand Former||Multi Size Bead Diameters|
|System Diagnostics||Reduced Downtime|
|Multi Bead Productivity||Reduced Bead Cost|
|Precision Wire Pre-Cast System||Improved Product Quality|
Bead ID: 13.00 – 25.00” (330 – 635 mm)
Bead Width: 1.3125” (33.3 mm)
Bead Height: 0.75” (19 mm)
Bead Base Angle: 0 Deg – 15 Deg
Diameter Adjustment: + / – 0.125”
Shape: Hexagonal, square, offset
Cross-over: Single or multiple point
Beads per cycle: Two (2)
Line Speed: 1,000 ft/minute (304 m/minute)
15” (381mm) 10-turn @ 10.6 beads/minute
15” (381mm) 10-turn @ 5,088 beads/8 hour shift
22.5” (571.5mm) 72-Turn @ 4 beads/minute
22.5” (571.5mm) 72-Turn @ 1,920 beads/8 hour shift