Designed for high volume production of single wire hexagonal beads, the SWS-6000 High Speed Truck Machine breaks the traditional cost barriers associated with large truck bead productivity. The system is controlled via a powerful software program capable of integrating the synchronized operations of the five axis Servo System which drive the winder, pay-on head, head height, accumulator and the optional servo-driven former expand/collapse function. Machine parameters are digitally monitored and controlled by a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and a menu driven touch screen so that at each stage the operator is guided to obtain the desired machine operation.
Financing Now Available!
See all the ways we can help your business grow for generations to come.
Visit our Financing section to see all of our latest programs.
The SWS-6000 HIGH SPEED TRUCK SYSTEM consists of the following:
- A SWS-6000 Bead Winder, automatically producing a maximum of six single wire beads per machine cycle. The winder is complete with a servo driven former assembly for precise speed and position control, a servo driven pay-on head, a servo driven head height adjust assembly and a servo driven former expand/collapse feature. The SWS-6000 High Speed Truck uses an adjustable radially expanding former design and an automatic bead unloader that deposits the finished beads onto an optional four or six arm carousel. These carousel units allows for the temporary storage of beads.
- A Serpentine Festoon that is servo driven. The position and speed of the festoon is precisely controlled by the system PLC/Servo system to match the winder speed. The festoon design allows for independent speeds of each of the six wire paths. Unique Festoon design allows for increasing machine line speed to 780 ft/min (237 m/min) when producing 3 beads per cycle.
- A Bartell/RMS Cold Feed Plastiscrew Extruder complete with Temperature Control Units and the Bartell insulating head.
- Let-Off Equipment consisting of six Heavy Duty Let-Off Stands, a six station gathering rail and a guide roll stand.
- Integrated Control System, including PLC and Servo system drives and motors, for automatic control of the process
- Operator Interface Terminal containing menu, run, manual and diagnostic screens.
- We strongly recommend as original equipment; electrically interlocked perimeter guarding designed and integrated by Bartell.
Our machines are designed to meet government and industry standards around the world. The Bartell SWS-6000 High Speed Truck Single Wire Bead Winding System is a tried and tested machine, capable of placing at the tire designer’s disposal a single wire hexagonal bead with enhanced uniformity and reduced bead weight properties.
|Single Operator Control||Minimal Manpower Requirement|
|Double Strung Festoon||Increased Line Speeds|
|Hexagonal Section Beads||Product Flexibility|
|Integrated Line Control||Controlled Process|
|Multi Bead Recipe Storage||Reduced Downtime|
|Automatic Unload||Continuous Production|
|Simple Machine Set-up||Reduced Downtime|
|Radial Expand Former||Multi Size Bead Diameters|
|System Diagnostics||Reduced Downtime|
|High Productivity||Reduced Bead Cost|
|Precision Wire Pre-Cast system||Improved Product Quality|
Bead ID: 17.50”-25.00” (445 mm – 635 mm)
Bead Width (max): 1,3125” (33.3 mm)
Bead Height (max): 0.75” (19.05 mm)
Bead Base Angle: 0 Deg or 15 Deg
Single or Multi-Point Crossover
Extruder Speed Control
Beads per Cycle:
6 Beads (Max width 20 mm) 450 ft/min (137m/min)
3 Beads (Width > 20 mm) 780 ft/min (237.7m/min)
Productivity (6 Beads):
20.0” (508mm) 40-Turn @ 12.6 Beads/min
20.0” (508mm) 40-Turn @ 6,048 Beads/8 hour shift
24.5” (622mm) 50 Turn @ 8.4 Beads/min
24.5” (622mm) 50 Turn @ 4,032 Beads/8 hour shift
Productivity (3 Beads):
20.0” (508mm) 60-Turn @ 7.2 Beads/min
20.0” (508mm) 60-Turn @ 3,456 Beads/8 hour shift
24.5” (622mm) 80 Turn @ 4.5 Beads/min
24.5” (622mm) 80 Turn @ 2,160 Beads/8 hour shift