TSS MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Personnel Requisition No. 17-4106
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset life cycle. We pride ourselves upon setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: TSS MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Technical Service & Support (Department No. 8264)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- This Support Service Engineer (Mechanical) position is for an opening within our Technical Sales and Service Team. The candidate will be primarily involved with all functions of the equipment startup, training, service, and troubleshooting of Bartell Machinery Equipment.
- Candidate must adhere to all facility-wide safety standards and practices.
- Candidate should have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree (2-year degree) in the Engineering Field with 3-5 years of related work experience; OR a Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years related work experience; OR Master’s Degree with one year of related work experience
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of engineering drawings, hands-on industrial machinery, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate should have intermediate computers skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to oversee equipment startup and oversee the commissioning process for projects on frequent basis
- Adhere to programs and activities that are in full compliance with all related Heico Safety Standards. Monitor and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react quickly to customer problems and complaints in a professional and courteous manner (including intense situations)
- Ability to travel and work odd hours including frequent foreign and domestic travel
- Familiarity with machine alignment and balancing
- Manages daily reporting responsibilities as it relates to the position.
- Background in plant engineering or maintenance with experience in machinery troubleshooting
- Customer Interaction or Sales Experience
- General Machine Shop knowledge
- Candidate should have the ability to assert themselves in an unbiased manner while maintaining high level of cooperation
- Perform satisfactory equipment start-up at Customer locations.
- Provide correct and adequate equipment training to the Customer’s operators and maintenance personnel.
- Provide technical support and service to our Customers.
- Assist in the compilation and content of equipment manuals.
- Assist Assembly Department as directed. (Bartell location)
- Promote the sale of Bartell product and services to our Customers.
- Provide Sales and Marketing personnel with technical assistance as required.
- Assist in Marketing and R&D trials.
- Provide feedback to Sales, Marketing, and RPG departments.
- Assist with Sales and Marketing promotional activities as required.
- Conduct maintenance and line audits at Customer locations.
- Assist Customers in the selection of spare parts and machine upgrades
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment linked here and supply a copy of the completed application, cover letter and resume by email or mail to the addresses listed below. Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening.
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Interested applicants should forward expressed letter of interest and resume to the Human Resource Department (email@example.com)
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084