Machine Shop Supervisor
Personnel Requisition No. 18-0240
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Machine Shop Supervisor
Location/Department: Rome, New York / General Manufacturing
This Machine Shop Supervisor position is for an opening within our Bartell General Manufacturing Team. The Machine Shop Supervisor will report directly to the VP of Operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- All aspects of receiving, inventory, distribution and shipping.
- After receiving material from dock assist in unloading and movement of materials to receiving. Verify counts and identify materials received. Record discrepancies and notify appropriate department accordingly: i.e. purchasing, accounting, inspection Process transactions into AS-400 database. Deliver material to work centers. Maintain packing list files for audit trail.
- When pulling materials for orders: prepare shortage tickets, print CO’s as required, and monitor shortages and deliver parts to assigned staging areas.
- To maintain integrity of stockroom: ensure proper inventory balances based on input/output transactions, ensure proper location and identification of all materials in stockroom, provide timely and accurate reporting to material and accounting departments, provide audit trail documentation of transactions as required by production control and accounting.
- When performing inventories, notify production control of any discrepancies and work with inventory control to rectify any discrepancies.
- When shipping to customer’s ship dates must be monitored to assure shipping commitments are met, documents reviewed for correctness and scales, marking equipment, registration systems used as necessary.
- Shipments are properly packed and attending duties performed i.e. label, weight log, stage and ship. All documents completed as required.
- New tools and products are evaluated and recommendations for efficiency and improvement made. Requisition supplies as required.
- Graduates Level Degree with 3 years, Bachelors Level Degree with 5 years, Associates Level Degree with 7 years, or 10 years of job-related work experience in a related production environment.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Metal Manufacturing Processes and Fabrication Technologies.
- Experience in Project Management and Team Leadership with a proven history of meeting deadlines.
- Experience in Cost Estimating and Capital Equipment Justifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems such as Infor XA, Syteline, and/or SAP as well as CAM Software such as EdgeCAM, Genesis and/or MasterCAM.
- Knowledge of industrial motors and controls.
- Assembly of industrial equipment.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System Experience.
- AWS Welding Standards knowledge is preferred.
- Utilize strong oral communication skills often and consistently. Foster a team spirit and impart a sense of direction to all employees within the area of responsibility. Frequent communication with all departments within Bartell as well as Customers, Suppliers, Visitors, and other Pettibone and Heico Companies as required.
- Collaborate with all departments within Bartell as well as other Pettibone and Heico Companies as needed to effectively reach goals and objectives. Develop and encourage teamwork through positive reinforcement. Set clear expectations; provide the necessary tools and support, and maintain an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Interpersonal skills capable of direct customer interface, conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, and a proven track record of meeting deadlines. Ability to make decisions and execute on them effectively. Determine root causes and implement effective corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and execute planned activities with a proven track record of accomplishments. A strong sense of personal accountability and an internal desire to achieve results.
- Inherent awareness of Safety, Quality, and On-time Delivery. Proven ability to define goals, establish a strategic plan, and execute on short and long term priorities, through the effective management of resources, to meet project deadlines.
- Advanced Infor XA (Enterprise Resource Planning Software) and UltiPro (Human Resource Management Software) expertise as well as intermediate skills with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, EdgeCAm, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to learn through self-teaching to gain a good working knowledge of all subjects and tasks related to the position.
- Professional and positive attitude with the initiative to cooperate in a team work environment. Proven ability to handle emergency situations with a calm and systematic approach.
Travel Requirements: 0%
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please complete the application for employment – linked here
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084