SALES ENGINEER–TIRE & RUBBER
Personnel Requisition No. 17-4120 (17-0237)
Bartell Machinery Systems is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industry’s most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing sub-sea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves upon setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. With generations of industry knowledge and engineering design experience coupled with our world-class sales and technical service network, Bartell’s employees are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art technologies capable of meeting your most advanced production needs. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: SALES ENGINEER FOR TIRE & RUBBER
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Sales & Marketing (Department No. 8364)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- The Sales Engineer’s role is a hands-on Sales Position on the Sales & Marketing Team with great growth potential and a significant amount of travel (including international travel) will be involved. This position also requires a good knowledge in Bartell Product Awareness and Extensive Market Knowledge and a high degree of customer contact. The primary objective is to identify order opportunities, develop and implement action plans for order closures and maintain good customer working relationships. in the Bartell TIRE & RUBBER Market.
- Sales and engineering background as related to the capital equipment sales required.
- High energy, self-motivated team player with a desire to succeed.
- Proven track of successfully negotiated deals required – can be trained.
- Prior experience in extensive traveling including international visits, frequently in excess of 2 weeks.
- Convert order opportunities into sales orders.
- Develop good customer working relationships.
- Fluency in English, with international sales experience.
- Be 100% committed to the Quality Assurance Process
- Transfer customer requirements to internal departments and maintain project interface.
- Good driving record/valid driver’s license.
- Passport holder and ability to travel a minimum of 50 percent internationally (annually)
- Willingness to relocate or travel significantly to upstate New York
- Ideally a 4-year degree and 5 years of experience in capital equipment sales or a 2-year degree with 10 years of experience in capital equipment sales required.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Prior knowledge of manufacturing machinery
- Bartell product awareness
- Strong communication skills and commitment to a Team Environment to ensure Engineering and Manufacturing Departments are advised and understand order profiles prior to order closure/acceptance. Interface with territorial agents and UK office as required.
- Incorporates self-management and planning in a highly organized manner to ensure customer profile data is accurately kept, meetings are held on a regular basis with both domestic and international customers and visit reports with action requirements are filed in a timely manner. Determine customer strategic goals and objectives, develop and maintain accurate forecast information. This position fulfills a prime contact roll with our customer base to build a ‘global’ account strategy to maximize Bartell opportunities.
- Support all management initiatives and communicate in an open, honest manner using diplomacy when needed to improve team effectiveness.
- Able to gain strong working knowledge of industrial machinery related business practices including collecting and organizing industry information on competitor’s products and services, industry trends and specifications for new product development.
- Promote “Bartell” products and services. Conduct product presentations, can compile and issue product quotations and proposals. Organize and attend trade shows as requested.
- Account management, order forecasting, and order closure are the three main responsibilities.
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment; linked here.
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084