SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Personnel Requisition No. 17-4091 (17-0102)
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, L.L.C. is a global leader in providing highly-engineered industrial manufacturing equipment for the Tire & Rubber, Oil & Gas, and Wire & Cable industries. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company; Bartell has delivered innovative solutions to leading manufacturers since our founding in 1940, with over 8,500 machines now installed worldwide. We offer the industries most advanced and proven tire bead machinery, systems for producing subsea oil & gas flexible pipe, and innovative wire & cable machines. Our products are fully designed and rigorously tested to optimize safety, production efficiency, operational reliability, and maximized asset lifecycle. We pride ourselves on setting new standards for quality, performance, and value in every machine we build. Please see application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply.
Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer – Wire & Cable
Location/Department: Rome, New York / Engineering (Department No.7161)
Travel: Less than 25%
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill, and Experience
- This Senior Mechanical Engineer position will be primarily involved with engineering tasking for the research, development, and sustainment of Bartell Wire and Cable products. The candidate will have expert level technical skills, significant professional development, active in professional technical communication and literature, supervisory level experience, technical leadership (including technical proposals) and also strengths to present briefings to internal and external customers.
- 20+ years of industry-related engineering experience OR;
- Associate’s Degree with 15 to 20 years of relevant experience OR;
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years of relevant engineering work experience OR;
- Master’s Degree with 12-15 years of relevant engineering work experience OR;
- Ph.D. Degree with 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Fluency in English
- Must be proficient in Machine Design, projects budgeting and engineering calculations
- Must be a leader in the engineering process knowledge of relevant business unit machinery
- Must have keen ability to capture a clear and concise understanding of customer requests, issues, specifications, and request to changes to equipment
- High level of proficiency in working all aspects of engineering calculations
- Project budgeting expertise
- Proficiency with process engineering and technical engineering
- Must have a thorough understanding of OSHA regulations, ensure all designs are compliant with all safety requirements and have a thorough understanding of machine shop, fabrication and Quality Control in developing leading-edge designs for cost-effective manufacturing and excellent machine performance.
- Must have work experience working with multinational companies including (not limited to) small and/or medium size companies
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. (MS Projects a plus)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate success and effectively set and meet priorities, solve problems and maintain professionalism and resourcefulness under pressure
- Ability to work with changing priorities and schedules in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in completing tasks
- Solid Works expertise
- Wire and Cable Industry process knowledge
- Contemporary design practices
- Hands-on machine shop experience
- MRP/ERP background
- Utilize design tools (i.e., AutoCAD and Solid Works) quickly, accurately, competently
- Machine Design: Recognized authority (internally) on machine processes and or design
- Ability to develop well thought out designs that are highly functional, able to manufacture, and within budget. Strong experience in Conceptual Design
- Ability to research and develop innovative design for emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of tolerances
- Strong skill sets and full comprehension of customer specification and process. Can produce design concepts to meet customer specifications and process.
- Timelines: Proven record of completing project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of Machine Process and Operation: Thorough understanding of machine operation and instrumental in developing new concepts and processes.
- Compliance with Procedures: Ability to understand, follow through, and lead others to follow through with written procedures for design and internal engineering processes
- Understands and complies with Safety regulations
- Schedule and lead effective meetings with both internal and external attendees as required
- Report the status of initiatives and projects to management actively
- Establish and maintain organized files, records, lists, and resources. Complete all paperwork and reports as required
For consideration, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications shown and have a verifiable record of experience in the field applied for.
Please fill out our application for employment linked here.
Bartell requires pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
BARTELL MACHINERY SYSTEMS, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
6321 Elmer Hill Rd Rome, NY 13440 ● www.bartellmachinery.com ● fax 315-336-1084